Monday, January 16, 2012

Why I Hate Jennifer Hudson

The other day I woke up with one of Jennifer Hudson's 50 kabillion songs from her Weight Watcher's commercials. This was at 5:30ish a.m. Needless to say it pissed me off as I was tossing and turning trying to get my ginormous pregnant belly comfortable to have that shit stuck in my head. Don't get me wrong, if you like her music, more power to you. I don't have a problem with her making music, I can chose not to listen to it since well.......I'm more into music where guitars are the primary instrument. Anyway, back to the point of this post. I'm sick of all these people thinking they have entitlement to congratulations and shit because they lost weight. Hey, guess what, you're not supposed to be fat in the first fucking place. I'm not trying to offend anyone, if you're overweight and are OK with it then I'm not here to judge you. If you have some sort of medical condition that inhibits you maintaining a healthy weight, I feel bad for you. My thing is I am sick of people patting themselves on the back when they "finally get healthy". I don't like it being crammed down my throat anytime I watch TV. It sickens me. I don't give props to people that quick smoking crack because they shouldn't have been crackheads in the first damn place. My mother became partially paralyzed (her right leg from the knee down) in 1985. In the years that followed she became morbidly obese. I watched her go through TWO gastric bypass surgeries. She became so depressed that she stayed overweight to the point she made her leg worse because it had to bear so much weight. As well as deforming her left leg because it had to pick up most of the slack. While I felt bad for my mom watching her struggle and ultimatly end up in a wheelchair she freely admitted much of her pain and inability to walk stemmed from being obese. About three years ago she decided she had enough and changed her eating habits. Cut out soft drinks, ate fruit when she craved sweets. She actually had, I don't know, discipline. She lost 116 pounds in nine months. Not bullshitting you at all. This woman who has to use a walker to get around her house lost me when I'm not pregnant. When I told her how proud I was of her all she said was, "There's nothing to be proud of. I had no right to abuse my body with all that garbage all those years anyway." You tell em Mama, I agree 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment